Archive for May, 2010
Korea, an intriguing land of romantic legends, ancient ruins, breathtaking landscape, teeming modern cities and natural wonders, is regularly recording the appreciating number of tourists from all over the world every year. Tourists are discovering the hidden treasure with delight from this part of the peninsular region. It has become the mature and stable democracy since 1953. Though previously dubbed as ‘The hermit Kingdom’, it is now flaunting its bright plumage like a proud peacock.
People on Korea travel, most frequently visit the capital city, Seoul, the largest of the Korean metropolis and the tenth largest city in the world. There are many soaring skyscrapers in this seething city, ringed by mountains. It also offers myriad of attractions and thus, several experiences with vibrant nightlife and memorable dining. Travel Korea to enjoy all these along with some below mentioned places of interest for the tourists.
Some places of tourists’ interest in Korea
• Andong- it has been the town of old culture and aristocrats. Andong folk museum and folk village display the relics of Korean culture. Traditional food is served in the restaurants. There is Hahoe Folk Village to its west, where the Mask Dance Festival is held in every autumn.
• Jeju Island- it is entirely a different world as it has got fantastic infrastructure with regard to tourists’ facilities and accommodation. The place is also well known as honeymooner’s delight. Its golden beaches and brightened landscape are really alluring. Jeju museum along with National museum and Folkcraft museum are worth visiting. Mt. Hallasan, present on this island, is the tallest mountain of the country. There is a Crater Lake, which should never be missed.
• Busan- it is the port city and the second largest metropolis in Korea. One can have a bird’s view of the city from the Busan tower. In its proximity, is the U.N. cemetery, famous burial ground for U.N. soldiers during Korean War, which attract lot of tourists.
Touring around the lush green forest and exploring the wild inhabitants is a favorite task for wildlife enthusiasts. Blessed with the tropical forest, Ecuador, located in the western part of South America, is home to wide varieties of bird species, mammals and wild plants. This land of bio-diversity not only attracts wild-life lovers but also nature lovers, who desires to make vacation in an eco-friendly manner.
The jungles of Ecuador provides shelter to about 1, 640 bird species, 4,500 species of butterflies, 345 species of reptiles, 358 species of amphibians, and 258 species of mammals. Travelers, while walking across the dense forest may come across the commonly found mammals like mountain tapirs, spectacled bears, white-tailed deer, pudu (a small deer), rabbits, the Andean fox and pumas (mountain lions), reptiles and amphibians.
The many natural reserves in the Amazon jungle of Ecuador cannot be explored in a day or two; therefore, a great deal lies in seeking travel plan from tour operators in Quito. They have skilled travel advisors, who are well-known for providing customized tour packages to the visitors for the Galapagos Islands.
Look at Tokyo today and you will see what the Tokyo- jin (meaning Tokyo people in japanese) have that we don’t have in our cities- bustling streets with thousands of people waiting to cross the roads, gigantic television screens on the sides of buildings, high school students roaming the streets of shibuya after school and fashion statements made everywhere you go! It never cease to amaze travelers in Tokyo at the amount of things all happening all the same time, and most are often left dazzled by everything they see.
So, what can you do in Tokyo when you are there? (provided you are not “paralyzed”, dazed and standing in the middle of the street).
What can you do there: Many things..
But before you have fun getting lost in a foreign land without no knowledge, how about learning how the train works for a start? That’s a good start, if you are intending to use public transport, and you can probably pick up the rest from there.
Some quick points..
1) Trains are called JR (Japan Rail) and there are many trains stations all over japan. The whole system of train routes and stops is a massive spider web and it takes some understanding of the sytem to get from point A to point B in Tokyo.
3) If you are going to travel intensively by train, it’s advisable to get a unlimited JR train ticket from major state train stations like Tokyo and Osaka train stations- costs savings overall.