Posts tagged ceremony
For many, the Big Ben – the clock tower as it is commonly and erroneously known (it is actually the name of the bell inside) – is the most iconic image of London. A symbol of the Houses of Parliament, reminiscent of the debate in the rooms below, where 646 members and more than 700 bishops and Gentlemen loudly carry on the business of government. The nation expects to find midnight on December 31 to celebrate the start of each new year. Protesters against the state occasionally try to climb the 96m (315 feet) – and sometimes succeed.
Another name for the Parliament, the Palace of Westminster, alludes to the complex history of British democracy that has evolved over the centuries by the dominant domain of tribal chiefs, royalty and the Church in a government of elected representatives of the people. Thus, the medieval building that stood on the site until the 19th century, in which they were made the basis of the modern system of Edward I’s Model Parliament of 1295 was also the headquarters of British monarchs until 1530.
Survived the Gunpowder Plot in 1605 by a group of Catholics intent on blowing up the Protestant King James I in the Palace of Westminster was almost completely destroyed by fire in 1834. Westminster Hall, which dates back to 1097, has survived and is the oldest part of the building today.
William IV offered Buckingham Palace as a replacement, but the Parliament wanted to hang at the site of major river that William the Conqueror had made his base of nearly 800 years ago. Public debate on what the style should be used for the new building has been fierce. It should be a fitting emblem of a country with an empire on which “the sun never sets.” A neo-classical design, such as the White House or the U.S. Congress, was excluded because of connotations of revolutionary or a republican. In 1836, after studying 98 proposals, a Royal Commission chose Charles Barry’s plan for a Gothic palace that embody a welcome dose of conservatism.
Democracy in Britain has started to come of age in 1918 when the vote was given to all men 21 and women over 30, if women had to wait 10 years for equal rights. Even now continues to grow: in Tony Blair’s premiership, the power has been devolved to Scotland, Wales and Northem Ireland in 1999, while the shape of the Second Chamber, the House of Lords, is unstable.
UK residents can arrange free guided tours of Parliament for the whole year through their MP or a gentleman, visitors from abroad have to pay and can only tour during the summer when Parliament is in session, but may participate in discussions throughout the year. Both tours last about 75 minutes and includes the Houses of Commons and Lords debating, as well as the Queen’s Robing Room. The official opening of Parliament, where the reigning monarch presents the government’s plans for members of both the House of Lords and Commons, is a colorful ceremony usually takes place in November.
Incoming search terms:
- houses of parliament london
- house of parliament london
- house of parliament
- parliament london
- London England
- the houses of parliament london
- england houses
- the house of parliament london
- The Parliament London
- parliament of london
- north sumatra pictures
- karnaprayag wallpaper
- old railway photos vietnam
- boreal vitreous china
I am sure you have heard of the Burj Dubai Tower a lot of times, but you have to see to realize how big and impressive it really is. The Burj Dubai (the official name now) Remember the front view and vision of the ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed. E ‘constructed so as to draw attention to Dubai, and as we leap frogged to become the number one tourist destination in the world. E ‘was certified as the tallest building, Dubai or the world is built by Skyscraper World Association.
My wife and I observed that the growth is in a period of 6 years with a visit to the site every time we visited Dubai. From the land of the desert sand, a deep pit from which it emerged this gigantic tower of towers in Dubai.
There was a time where we could see the top to the naked eye, but the construction continued, irrespective of the good times and bad. And then, finally, came the day when this engineering and architectural marvel, a super high-rise, was officially inaugurated in a grand ceremony.
Turner was chosen to manage the construction of this tower in Dubai, which is the tallest building in the world. Named Burj Dubai, the tower includes residential and commercial areas, including a design hotels Giorgio Armani, sports complexes and shopping center of the world’s largest shopping. Parks, lakes and fountains of water and walk the streets, are just some of the projects highlights.
Some of the highlights of the Towers in Dubai are:
Architect: Adrian Smith.
design firm: Skidmore, Owings and Merrill (SOM).
Construction: 2004 – 09/12/2009
Construction Company: Samsung E & C.
$ 8 billion: the cost.
Gross floor space: 314,000 m² (3,378,137.6 sq m).
Height: 705 m (2,313 ft) *.
Observation Deck: internal and external to the plane 124 degrees.
Project size: 190 hectares including artificial lake and downtown Dubai.
Here are some important highlights of the Burj Dubai Skyscraper:
The tip of the spire can be seen by a person 95 km (60 miles).
The fireman service elevator building has a capacity of 5,500 kg and is the world’s tallest elevator service.
Burj Dubai installation contains the world’s highest lift.
Parts of the Burj Dubai Tower to reach upward in a helical shape with terraces, there are 26 in total.
The Burj Dubai’s observatory Elevators (double deck cabin) have a capacity for 21 persons on each deck and will have the world’s longest distance of travel from the lowest to highest stop.
There are 66 double-deck elevators moving at a speed of 18 m / s (40 mph), making it the worlds fastest.
The amount of rebar used for the tower is 31,400 metric tons – laid end to end this would extend over a quarter of the way around the world.
The curtain wall of Burj Dubai Tower will be equivalent to 17 football (soccer) fields or 25 American football fields.
Tower of electricity peak demand is estimated at approximately 360,000 100 – watt light bulbs all operating at the same time.
There will be 200 meters of spectacular dancing fountains at the foot of the Burj Dubai Tower.
Once completed, the Dubai Tower wil be the tallest building in the world in all four categories recognized by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH), which collects and classifies the world’s tallest buildings.
The tower will house one of the first Armani Hotels.
At 110 levels and 380 meters high, Burj Dubai Tower shared the honor of having the largest number of floors in any building in the world next to the Sears Tower in Chicago.
Ten cranes and the world’s fastest elevators, construction, high-capacity – with speeds of up to 2 m / sec are used (120m / min) to move men and materials.
Burj Dubai Tower will be the first mega-high rise in which some elevators will be programmed to permit controlled evacuation for certain fire or security events.
I’m sure, you’ve heard of the Burj Dubai Tower a lot of times, but you have to view it to realise how big and awesome it actually is. The Burj Khalifa skyscraper (it’s official name now!) reminds one of the fore-sight and vision of Dubai’s Ruler, Sheikh Mohammed. He’s built it so as to attract attention to Dubai, and how it has leap-frogged to become the numero uno tourist destination in the world. It’s been certified as the tallest building, Dubai or the world has built by the World Skyscraper Association.
My wife and I observed it’s growth over a 6 year period with a visit to the site every time we visited Dubai. From sandy desert land, to a deep pit from which arose this gigantic tower of towers in Dubai.
There was a time when, we could not view the top with naked eyes, but the construction work went on, irrespective of good times and bad. And then finally, the day came when this engineering and architectural marvel, a super skyscraper, was officially opened in a grand ceremony.
Turner was chosen to manage construction of this Dubai tower which is the tallest building in the world. Named Burj Dubai, the tower incorporates residential and commercial areas, including a designer Giorgio Armani hotel, entertainment complexes and the world’s largest shopping mall. Parks, water fountains and lakes and walking-only streets are some of the project’s highlights.
Some important points of the Dubai Towers are:
Architect: Adrian Smith.
Design company: Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill (SOM).
Construction: 2004 – 09.12.2009
Construction Company: Samsung E&C.
Cost: USD 8 billion.
Gross Floor Space: 314,000 m² (3,378,137.6 sqft).
Height: 705 m (2,313 ft)*.
Observation deck: Indoor and outdoor at the 124th floor.
Project size: 190 hectares including artificial lake and downtown Dubai.
Here are some important highlights of the Burj Khalifa Skyscraper:
- The tip of the spire can be seen by a person 95 kms (60 miles) away.
- The building service fireman’s elevator has a capacity of 5,500 kg and is the world’s tallest service elevator.
- Burj Dubai contains the world’s highest elevator installation.
- Parts of the Burj Dubai Tower reach upwards in a helical shape with terraces, there are 26 in total.
- The Burj Dubai’s Observatory Elevators (double deck cabs) have a capacity for 21 persons on each deck and will have the world’s longest travel distance from lowest to highest stop.
- There are 66 double decker elevators moving at the speed of 18 m/s (40mph), making them the worlds fastest.
- The amount of rebar used for the tower is 31,400 metric tons – laid end to end this would extend over a quarter of the way around the world.
- The curtain wall of the Burj Dubai Tower will be equivalent to 17 football (soccer) fields or 25 American football fields.
- The Tower’s peak electricity demand is estimated to roughly 360,000 100- watt light bulbs all operating at the same time.
- There will be 200 meters of spectacular dancing fountains at the foot of the Burj Dubai Tower.
- When completed, the Dubai Tower wil be the tallest building in the world in all 4 categories recognized by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH), which compiles and ranks the world’s tallest buildings.
- The Tower will house one of the first Armani Hotels.
- At 110 levels and 380 meters high, Burj Dubai Tower shared the honour of having the largest number of floors in any building in the world alongside Sears Tower in Chicago.
- Ten cranes and the world’s fastest high-capacity construction hoists – with a speed of up to 2m / sec (120m / min) are used to move men and material.
- Burj Dubai Tower will be the first mega-high rise in which certain elevators will be programmed to permit controlled evacuation for certain fire or security events.
Incoming search terms:
- dubai tower
- burj dubai tower
- tallest building in Dubai
- dubai buildings
- dubai largest building
- dubai towers
- coco ocean resort dubai
- the burj dubai
Congratulations on getting married! Once the wedding ceremony and reception ends, the real celebrating begins as you and your new spouse embark on your honeymoon getaway! You have chosen a destination far from home, in a country you have always dreamed your honeymoon would be. Here is some advice you should take for planning your honeymoon:
• Find out if there are any newlywed discounts anywhere you plan to go. Do research on any special honeymoon packages for newlyweds. Some hotels cater especially to newlyweds. Oftentimes, hotels and restaurants partner with each other to offer honeymooners a free breakfast or dinner. Take advantage of discounts for newlyweds. Do not be afraid to ask if discounts exist at places you plan to visit. You just got married; you should now be wise about your money and not ashamed of it!
• Plan for the weather. Depending on the season, it might not be wise to choose a tropical destination that has a high average of rainfall in certain months. Find out when hurricane season is and try to avoid going to a place that is affected by it. June 1st to November 30th is hurricane season for the Bahamas. If you are interested in going to an Asian location in the western part of the Pacific Ocean, know that the most typhoons in 2011 will occur between May and November. If you cannot avoid bad weather because your wedding is on a specific date for a sentimental reason, then plan your activities according to the kind of weather you might have to face. For instance, if it is probably going to rain the majority of the time you are going to be on your honeymoon, then you obviously should not plan to go hiking or mountain biking. Also, hurricane season obviously means surfing lessons are out of question.
• Get visitor health insurance. Not many people think about travel insurance for their honeymoon, but you should know that the healthcare coverage you might have will probably not cover you if you are in a different country. Many people do not realize that, while they are on vacation abroad, they are actually uninsured. If by any chance you become sick or injured during your honeymoon, medical bills could be extremely expensive without visitor health insurance. While planning for your honeymoon, you might not even factor in the chance of you or your husband becoming ill or getting hurt. However, the possibility exists and it is best to be prepared. The insurance plan does not have to cost a lot and could cover as little or as much as you choose.